• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused accident....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

j_po79

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am being asked to pay a sum to the other party's insurance company. On the night of the accident, my car hit his truck into my father's garage door. This happened because their client struck me in the face. Needless to say, the supplement report with this in it, disappeared several times....anyway, That evening, everyone stated there was no damage to his truck, his mother, his father, him and the officer. He then went and turned it into his insurance company the next day. Now they want me to pay. On the accident report, it does not state whether there was damage over $500 or not, there is no diagram and no narrative from the officer. His truck is a stick **** and the parking brake was not on and it was in neutral, i mean the thing could have rolled away on its own ya know. There was also some damage on his truck prior to the incident, and oddly this is what has been turned in. The officer still claims that everyone stated there was no damage that night. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">