• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused at this point

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apie1

What is the name of your state? IL

I was invloved in a rear end collison yesterday. Long story short, no damage to my vehicle, nor theirs, other party recieved a ticket. Police report was done, as I have learned in past experiences to get one done. At this point, car seems fine, myself as well but my own insurance company stated to me that I should still contact there insurance company to check the car out. My only problem is I do not know what they would be checking....Do they seem right on this? If so, should I have it checked out then? :confused:

stephenk

if you are absolutely sure there is no damage to your vehicle then you can ignore your carrier's advice.

However, if you believe there may be some damage to your vehicle, make a claim with the other party's carrier to have your vehicle checked out. If there is damage let the other carrier pay to fix it.

dallas702

The only indication that you were the one who was hit from behind is the other driver being cited. If this is true, you need to follow your insurance company's instructions to the letter.

You're not paying them to sit back and ignore you. You're paying them to protect you in all types of situations. This is just one of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">