• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confusing lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msc40

undefinedundefinedWhat is the name of your state?florida I was hit from behind while stopped in traffic, the other driver failed to stop at all and was also driving on suspended license.She received two tickets.I injured my neck and back.I reaggravated my ribs I had fractured in May from a fall off a ladder at my parents house.This mva occured in Sept and my ribs had healed and I had been back to work for nearly 3 months.I went to a local chiro. and also my primary care dr. I continued treatment with the chiro which was extensive.I obtained a lawyer early on .My treatment was going slowly but progress was being made.I was able to continue my job at a local factory dealing with the pain and discomfort as best I could.In Feb. of the next year 5 months later I was still being treated and was involved in a 5 vehicle pile up on the interstate, being the 3rd vehicle and the 5th driver was faulted.Basically this accident put me back to where I started my treatments at.At this time the chiro started charging my 2nd claim on pip until he had me back to previous status.This past august he basically released me saying I was at MMI and that I had recovered from the exacerbations the second accident had caused to my injuries from the first accident.He said I had continual problems with neck and upper thoracic spine area which was indicative of permanent impairment and gave me a 4% impairment rating for cervical spine.However my left shoulder was still bothering me aand he said it would be ok with time and not to make a big deal of it because at this late time it would only hinder my case.I decided to have a MRI on the shoulder and see a ortho spec. which I did.The MRI showed tendinosis of the rotator cuff, with mild to moderate impingement of the acromin and fluid and inflammation of the ac joint.The ortho gave me a shot of cortisone in my shoulder and a treatment note to gine my chiro for pt on the shoulder.I revisited my chiro with the mri results and recommendations for pt from the ortho.The chiro was quick to say the 2nd accident didn't have any bearing on the shoulder problem and decline to treat me and suggested I return to the ortho for pt.I feel he took this stand because his final report had already said he had resolved the exacerbation from the 2nd accident and I was MMI, I had mention my shoulder problem several times over the months to the phys. therapist who was treating me but she never documented it.I strongly fel the seat belt caused the shoulder problem and had a substantial bruise across my chest from the seatbelt.I took a picture of this after the accident and sent it to my lawyer.So I went for my followup to the ortho and told himwhat the chiro had said,he wanted to give me another shot around the ac joint, but I opted for the pt which consisted of some prinouts of some exercises I can due at home.Meanwhile the paralegal at the lawyers office whom I've been dealing with by phone since this whole thing started informed me that my insurance company which is the same ins. co the at fault person from the first accident wanted to settle for $5000, which I found rediculous.She also said the lawyer was trying for $7500.Two weeks later which was this week she said they had offered the $7500 and it was probadly the best I could hope for.The lawyer told her that to consider anymore the ins. adjuster wanted the medical records from my ladder fall with the fractured ribs and that he would try and use that against me.My problem is that theres about $1000 of med. bills still outstanding after pip paid their 80% and the MRI and ortho bills have not been paid and I gave the doctors office the claim # from my second accident pip to file those on.I feel that the $7500 is not fair settlement for what I've been through.Also my lawyer said since there is no impairment rating for the second accident I'll be lucky to get anything out of it after they make their demand on that accident which is a totally different ins. company,I don't feel as though the law firm is doing their best for me and would just as soon settle.Thanks for any advice.

JETX

Sorry, but your post is FAR too confusing to read.... especially on a FREE forum.
I suggest you edit it to be more legible... and shorter.
From the top of the screen.... Please..... be civil, brief, and to the point,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">