• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Connecticut-Scapula Fracture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manishbhanot

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Hi Reader,

Please refer to the facts given below. I want an estimate as to how much compensation should I expect as the result of a law suit. I will really appreciate if I could get some kind of an estimate. Thanks for your replies in advance. Let me know if you need more information about this case.

Vehicle 1: Me (Driver 1 accompanied by my wife)
Vehicle 2: Other (Driver 2 accompanied by his partner)
Time: 1:30 am
Area: I 95 North bound (lighted are near Old Saybrook)
My Position: Stationary with flashers on
Other Vehicle: Hit me at around 70mph while he was searching for his cell phone as it had fallen inside his car. (This is as per the Police Report)
Car Condition after hit: Total Loss
My Condition: Unconcious for 4 hours, fractured left scapula(i am a right hander though), two inch cut over left eye which required around 13 stictches, stiff lower back and strained neck, occasional black out, blurry left eye vision, numbness around the scar (around 3 sqaure inches area), inability to move(could not even bathe and go to the toilet on my own for around 1 month)
Post Wages: 1 month around $4000
Duration of real trauma: 1 month(although the after effects still continue)
Current Condition: Visible scar over left eye, 15% permanent disability as rated by the orthopaedic doctor, continued impingement over left shoulder, inability to work for longer hours, blurry vision, numbness over left eye.

Other information: 8 days away from first wedding anniversary. Student at the time of accident, so poor bank balance, had to go to India for medical as its costly here; could not appear for final exams due to the accident, wife does not drive, had to go on buses and taxis in sub zero temperatures.

NJInjury

No one can tell you what to sue for or what you can expect to get.

Get an attorney. They can advise you best.

What are the other guy's policy limits? If he has no assets there may be little to get outside of his insurance. Your "other information" is not relevant as I read it.

Your whole medical file from India will need to be translated.

manishbhanot

Connecticut - Scapula Fracture

First of all thanks for replying to my query.

My medical reports from India are in English, so I don't think any translation would be required. The other question you asked was the other guys limit; it was $100,000.

NJInjury

Consult with an attorney. If you have a valid claim, they will often work on contingency for 1/4-1/3 of settlement. Be prepared this could take a while...often it is years.

I wouldn't suggest dealing with the insurance yourself, but that is an option you have. There are samples of demand letters and such available on the web if you decide to go this route.

If the other guy owns a house, has an umbrella policy or other insurance that may provide additional coverage...those are all things an attorney will look into. You can usually get a free consultation.

Without intimately knowing your file, no one will be able to tell the amount you will recover or what your chances are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">