• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

could it be a suplimental claim?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhaddock70

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island
My name is Jose and on February 27 of this year my 1996 Chevy Blazer LT was hit in the front end and driven back 15 plus feet and 4 feet onto the sidewalk while in park with 4 wheel drive engaged. The Insurance company of the gentlman who hit my vehicle payed for the repair, I receved my vehicle back on March 28 of this year and after driving it for about 700 miles on April 21 it developed a noise from the rear end. When I removed the rear differential cover I found that the front pinion gear had 3 teeth that broke. My question is could this have been caused by the impact and if not what would cause the pinion gear to brake in such a manner when the vehicle had no noise until after the accident and the differential differential fluid was full and no signs of miss treatment. I feel like the insurance company is trying to snowball me into not paying because my vehicle is older. Please advise.What is the name of your state?

moburkes

My name is Jose and on February 27 of this year my 1996 Chevy Blazer LT was hit in the front end and driven back 15 plus feet and 4 feet onto the sidewalk while in park with 4 wheel drive engaged. The Insurance company of the gentlman who hit my vehicle payed for the repair, I receved my vehicle back on March 28 of this year and after driving it for about 700 miles on April 21 it developed a noise from the rear end. When I removed the rear differential cover I found that the front pinion gear had 3 teeth that broke. My question is could this have been caused by the impact and if not what would cause the pinion gear to brake in such a manner when the vehicle had no noise until after the accident and the differential differential fluid was full and no signs of miss treatment. I feel like the insurance company is trying to snowball me into not paying because my vehicle is older. Please advise.What is the name of your state?
You're at the wrong place with that question. The place to start would be the body shop that repaired your vehicle.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
When you signed the paperwork from insurance company, you signed a form releasing the other party from any further liability...so it really doesn't matter *why* it broke, it's not his responsibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">