• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Counter sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snowridergo

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I am being wrongfully sued for "maliciously" and "intentionally" causing a car accident. My attorney said the case will be dismissed, but I have had to take a considerable amount of time off work for depositions, court dates, etc. If I win this case can I counter-sue for lost wages, time off work, emotional damage, etc?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

No. Apparently you were involved in a car accident, and the other person has a constitutional right to sue you - - even if any or all the allegations can't be proved.

Was alcohol or drugs involved on your part? The reason why I ask is because of the "malice" allegations, and other than purposefully using your car as a weapon, those are the only other reasons for alleging "malice".

IAAL

snowridergo

Counter-sue

No drugs or alcohol were involved. My daughter was going to make a left hand turn, and was always taught to go around the island or you will face on coming traffic. In this city we were in it was the opposite and the turn was before the island. When I saw her starting to go past the left turn lane and head into oncoming traffic, I grabbed the steering wheel to try to get into the correct lane to avoid hitting a truck head on. Our vehicle ended up facing the island and the truck hit us broadside. The man in the other vehicle had minor whiplash, but no neck brace and returned home after an hour in ER. He is suing me for pain and suffering because in this state you have to prove someone intentionally tried to hurt you and this is what he's going for. He's suing for $10,000.00 plus costs. My insurance company is providing an attorney for me, but he is suing me personally for punitive damages.

snowridergo

Counter-sue

I realize I need to hire my own attroney. I was just wondering if I can lawfully counter sue for lost wages, time, emotional damage, etc????

O

oberauerdorf

O.K. so you've been given the correct answer twice and still you want to know what it is?

Then here is your answer..............

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">