• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crazy Children?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fruitsoflabor

My father in law was killed instantly in a car accident. My mother was his current wife even though they were not living together. In one of the replies it was noted that an "estate" would be made in the the name of the deceased and then the monies from the drivers insurance would be divided between the wife and then the children. Well, the children from two former marriages are trying to claim that my mothe abandoned her husband and has no rights to any insurance money. They have tried to have the body taken out of the funeral palor, and I have had to the arrangements moved to three different places because they (the grown children) have continued to call the funeral homes and tell them that my mother is not the next of kin. Though none of them are willing to shell out any money to bury their father. What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">