• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

crazy world

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jvitale928

What is the name of your state? NY
do people really win these huge settlements? i am being sued for 1.5 million and i am just wondering why someone would sue for so much money?
i am 31 and poor

JReyes

The truth is that anyone can sue for anything. That person can sue you for 21 million dollars for any ridiculous reason. That does not mean that suit will be finalized at that amount.

Another thing is that if you have nothing, they can't get anything. :p The judge would say, ok, you lose jvitale928; but all they would really get is whatever maximum coverage you have on your auto policy. If you are really poor they probably can't even take much out of your wages, if any.

If you did cause serious damage to the other person, then all I can say is shame on you. The judge would probably say the samething.

What are you being sued for anyway :confused:

jvitale928

my husband hit a woman from behind 3 yrs ago. the woman had a seizure and may have caused the accident.
she was not hurt at the time,but she is suing for 1 million
her husband is suing us too for 500,000.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">