• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crunch!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Oregon
Target parking lot. Our car, 95 windstar, old lady's car, 85-90 camaro.
A friend and I were leaving a parking space. The older lady parked next to us was in a camaro, leaving as we got into my friends van.
We took about 30 to 45 seconds before backing out also. My friend looked all around as did I, (I'm not use to being a passanger!). Neither of us saw the lady in the red camaro.
As we were backing, slowly, we heard a small crunch. Apparently, this lady stopped and sat behind us. No horns were blown. No yelling or screaming to stop. Even after we apparenlty hit her, we still couldn't see her. We actually had to pull forward to see her.
Anyways, we exchanged paint on both cars. My friend gave her info, but didn't get any info on this person. Only the license plate number after she took off.

What are going to be the issues at hand?
What is likely to happen? The van has full-coverage insurance. My mother thinks this lady has no insurance, that's why she didn't give any info.

Any thoughts?

racer72

The driver/owner of the Windstar are fully liable to all damage to the old lady's Camaro. Simple enough.

H

hexeliebe

And of course you filed a police report when the other person drove off?

Why should there be a police report? There was no injury? Should one be filed today? I thought about going to get the security tapes. To show that she just sat there in hiding. Kinda like waiting to get hit.
I'm not sure what my friend is gonna do?
Any suggestions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">