• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CXL of Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coleman1961

Missouri I bought a Harley on 6/11/05 and paid for 1 year of Insurance, My son bought a motor cycle about 6 week later and I told him to get his own Insurance he was 18 at the time, He called and told the insurance co that he needed ins, they asked him if their was anybody in the home that had ins through us and he said yes and they looked me up and then put him on my ins policy with out me knowing it, I had a crash a few weeks ago and called them to file a claim, they cxled my ins b4 because my son did not pay, He was not even to be on my ins, they never asked me any thing, ( I'm thinking that I am good till 6/11/06 )so now they said they will pull up the phone conversatioon,( good ), They have to ask me to change my ins policy, so now we wait and their are to call me back on 12/6/05. I do have the policy that states I paid till 6/11/06, Where do I go from here.

moburkes

I'm not sure how he got added to your policy without your permission, but I do understand that many insurance companies only want 1 policy in the household (they want to make sure that the liability limits on the policy is the same for all vehicles, among other reasons). That phone call will be very important.

Now, they had to have sent at least 1 bill to you, before they sent a cancellation notice to you, before they cancelled your policy. They sent this notice with record of mailing which stands up in court that it was sent legally. It is your responsibility to open your mail, even though you may have thought it was junk since your policy was paid until til next year.

The paper that says you are paid until June is not that important because any changes that occur can affect your premium (like adding your son).

Not sure what to tell you except that I hope that phone call gets your policy reinstated. The only problem with that is that since you paid your policy in full, they will be expecting your son's portion to be paid in full before they pay the claim (or subtract that payment from the amount of the payout).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">