• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

damage to another parties automobile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

todabay

we live in the state of ohio. my son got a ride home from a friend. while getting out of the car, another passenger also got out of the car and my son and this other passenger got into a snowball fight. the other passenger threw a snowball at my son and in an attempt to dodge the snowball, my son fell onto the hood of the driver's car and dented it. we, the parents, were never notified by the driver's parents, never saw the damages, and were given by our son approximately 6 weeks later a preliminary estimate for the damages. out of fear, after receiving a threat from the driver, my son gave the driver $100, which he deducted from the total shown on the estimate. all the boys involved are minors. my question is, would the other passenger who threw the snowball at my son be liable at all, perhaps a 'shared' responsibility; also, legally should we have been able to see at least three estimates; also, should we have been able to view the damages before the car was repaired?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">