• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage to Automobile in Parking Lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

woodworth

What is the name of your state? New York

My son drove my car to a concert at local amusement park which has rock concerts in the summer. He parked in their private parking
lot (no public access) in which they had security. After the concert was over at 2:30 am, he returned to the car and discovered the moon roof was damaged by someone trying to break into the car (shoe prints on the roof). He could not find any security personnel to report the incident to. My son called the head of security the next day and he is claiming they have no responsibility. My position is that the parking was included in the price of the ticket therefore they have a contractual obligtion to protect the car in addition to the common law requirement and that vandlism in the parking lot is foreseeable and they were negligent not to provide adequate security.

COMMENTS and/or THOUGHTS? Thank you.

HomeGuru

woodworth said:
What is the name of your state? New York

My son drove my car to a concert at local amusement park which has rock concerts in the summer. He parked in their private parking
lot (no public access) in which they had security. After the concert was over at 2:30 am, he returned to the car and discovered the moon roof was damaged by someone trying to break into the car (shoe prints on the roof). He could not find any security personnel to report the incident to. My son called the head of security the next day and he is claiming they have no responsibility. My position is that the parking was included in the price of the ticket therefore they have a contractual obligtion to protect the car in addition to the common law requirement and that vandlism in the parking lot is foreseeable and they were negligent not to provide adequate security.

COMMENTS and/or THOUGHTS? Thank you.
**A: file a claim with your insurance carrier.

W

woodworth

I do not have coverage for this damage with my insurance carrier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">