• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage to vehicle question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RDG78

What is the name of your state? Pa

I got my car inspected by a large company today. I needed a part at another business to get my sticker. I picked up my car and on the way there my hood flew up cracking the hinges and the plastic part that laid over them causing me to skid to a stop on a busy highway. They had the car towed back to there business and got me a rent a car but have no offered me a refund for the work they have done( one part they haven't even put in yet) As it is I'm not probably missing a planned vacation to take care of the whole matter. Do I have a law suit?

justalayman

Did the other part have anything to do with the hood?

If not, you have a claim for the damages to your car due to the hood flying open but you do NOT have a claim to recieve the work already performed refunded or discounted.

Not sure of the quetion about the missing a vacation. Were you stating that you may be missing a vacation due to this? If so, and you need your car for vacation, then you need to rent a car to mitigate your damages and seek payment for the rental from the garage that caused you to be without the use of your car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">