• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damaged Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cur7is

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin (where the accident took place)

I was driving to Minocqua for a doctor's appointment and had my 6-month-old son in the vehicle. I was doing approx. 60 in a 55. A guy comes up behind me doing about 75-80 and has to nearly slam on the breaks to avoid colliding into my bumper. He tailgates me for a mile. When we get to the 35 mph zone, I gradually slow down. I thought I saw something in the corner of my eye that was going to run across the road and slammed on the breaks. The guy hit me. He had been so close that I couldn't see his lights in my rearview mirror. He got out and yelled at me for locking my breaks. The police arrived and did a report. The guy claimed to have had no insurance. My insurance company wanted me to get three estimates so they could write to the guy to either pay for the damages or they would write to the state about him driving w/o insurance, which would suspend his license. Two weeks ago, my mother received a letter at my previous address stating that if my insurance information was not forwarded to the state of Wisconsin, my license would be suspended. I had told the officer I had insurance. Either way, the insurance information at that time was forwarded to the state of Wisconsin. If this guy is brought to court, what chance do we have of winning and gaining back the money for the damages done to our vehicle?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">