• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damages to my sons vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MeMel

Breif & to the point, my son hit a man laying in the roadway 2 weeks ago, there is some front end damage to his vehicle. Can someone be liable for these damages ?

JETX

"Can someone be liable for these damages ?"
*** If you are asking if this man can somehow be liable, we would need to know more about HOW and where the man was in the roadway.....
Otherwise, your son would be liable for the repairs needed to fix his car.

M

MeMel

the man been running in and out of traffic to commit suicide then decided he would lay himself in the middle of the road, my son was the first to hit him then a semi truck

JETX

His only recourses are to determine if the person had sufficient assets in his estate to cover the reasonable damages. Presumably he didn't. Therefore your sons insurance will have to pay to repair his vehicle. And if he doesn't have insurance, he pays out of his pocket.

M

MeMel

ok so it probably wouldnt be worth trying to do anything about it, the man committed an intentional act, my sons damages are minor, and the emotional aspect will stay with him for some time.

thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">