• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In The Dark

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsHelen

What is the name of your state? Michigan

On his way home from a company meeting, my husband was killled in a single-car accident. Unfortunately, upon looking for his insurance information, I realized he let his auto insurance lapse. He was leasing his car, with me the co-signer. I went to the dealership to explain the situation, and was told this couldn't have been possible, they would have gotten insurance and charged him for it. I called his finance company, who told me his account was closed, but to continue to make payments, pending resolution, which I did. I later received a call that I was late on a payment, which I know I sent, and they took the liberty of deferring the payment. Two days later, a call came for my husband, from the same company. I also received a statement from them with a zero balance. Recently, I received a letter from a alwyer representing the company, demanding payment for the cost of the car. I'm sorry this is so long, but I'm at my wit's end. Am I liable for the entire amount?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">