• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter's Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pdtek

What is the name of your state? Iowa

Close to two years ago my daughter was involved in a seemingly minor accident that she was charged with. She was 18 and driving a car with my name (her dad) on the title, and covered by our insururance. The other woman involved jumped out of the car and said "thank God no one was hurt". Every one went their separate ways until a few weeks later we got a call from our insurance co. that after going to a Chiro, she now had a damaged disc in her neck and needed surgury. She had the operation, was back at work and is fine for all we know. From what we have heard as to her medical bill, they fall comfortably within our coverage. Our insurance company has warned us that they could decide to come after me for pain and suffering for up to two years after the accident. We are about two weeks from the cut off point on this. Do you think they are likely to sue us? They have underinsured motorist coverage, but if they collected something from that, would their insurance company try to collect on this from us? The suspence is killing me. Any insights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">