• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dealership blazer damaged my vechile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cassiem75

What is the name of your state? virginia

I was at a stop sign when the blaser in front of me started spinning their tires.
They sprayed my car with gravels. I laid on my horn to notify the driver to stop. They laid on the gas more and took off. I followed this person to another intersection, blew my horn at him and motioned for them to pull over...they took off as fast as they could. This car belongs to a car dealership...someone had it overnight fot a "test-drive". I have just had my car painted. I pulled off at the first gas station and looked at my car I have 6 to 8 dings on my hood now. When I got at work I called the dealership and he verified the above. He stated that he would call the owner of the dealership and see what could be done. When they caled me back they said that they (the dealership) was not responsable for the damage on my car, that the person who was driving it would be responsable.
The dealership stated that they would talk to this person and give him my name and number and have him call me...and can you beleive it, he has not.
I believe that the car dealership is responsable since this blazer belonged to them. Am I correct? Please let me know who you think is responable for this damage and how I should handle this now. Thank you.

Litigation!

cassiem75 said:
What is the name of your state? virginia

I was at a stop sign when the blaser in front of me started spinning their tires.
They sprayed my car with gravels. I laid on my horn to notify the driver to stop. They laid on the gas more and took off. I followed this person to another intersection, blew my horn at him and motioned for them to pull over...they took off as fast as they could. This car belongs to a car dealership...someone had it overnight fot a "test-drive". I have just had my car painted. I pulled off at the first gas station and looked at my car I have 6 to 8 dings on my hood now. When I got at work I called the dealership and he verified the above. He stated that he would call the owner of the dealership and see what could be done. When they caled me back they said that they (the dealership) was not responsable for the damage on my car, that the person who was driving it would be responsable.
The dealership stated that they would talk to this person and give him my name and number and have him call me...and can you beleive it, he has not.
I believe that the car dealership is responsable since this blazer belonged to them. Am I correct? Please let me know who you think is responable for this damage and how I should handle this now. Thank you.

My response:

The driver/operator of the Blazer is liable. Contact that person. Sue that person.

IAAL

Some Random Guy

Tell the dealership that you are of the belief that dealership employees were driving the vehicle and that the dealership is responsible. If they do not provide convincing evidence otherwise (such as a signed statement identifying the driver), sue them in small claims.

cassiem75

I spoke to the commomwealth attorney yesterday. I also went
by the cardealership yesterday and to speak with the owner. They stated the person was only supposed to have the blazer for a few hours that evening to test drive it and bring it back...but at 6:15pm last night the blazer still was not returned. I asked the owner of the dealership why he had not reported this blazer as stolen..he stated that he did not want to do that to anyone.....I took your advise and asked to see paper work on the blaser....Oh our manager forgot to fill it out...he didn't given get his phone number or a copy of his dl?????? Do you think now that I know there is no paperwork...I should continue with the car dealership?...For some reason I really believe I am getting the runaround.

Thanks for the advice :' )

stephenk

From the response of the owner and the lack of information on the driver, I bet the driver was an employee of the dealership or maybe a family member of the owner.

you can do three things:

1. Ask the owner of the dealership for his business insurance carrier information (name, phone, and policy number) so you can make a claim with his carrier;

2. make a claim with your own auto carrier and let them go after the dealership for reimbursement after they fix your car;

3. sue the the dealership since they own the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">