• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealing with insurance/lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violetb

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have been trying to work with Allstate on my accident. Of course, as some of you told me, they are not known as Allstone for nothing. I am seeing a lawyer tomorrow. I have negotiated so far $28000. If the lawyer takes the case,and we get more than that (hopefully) , does the lawyer get part of the $28000 also or is that excluded when talking about his fee?
Thanks for your help...this is a great board

By the way, I do have insurance.

stephenk

when your attorney takes over the case and settles the case, the attorney will be entitled to whatever percentage of the settlement as detailed in your retainer agreement, typically 33 1/3%.

So if case with attorney settles for $30K, typical one third contingency means the attorney gets $10k, your doctors get paid and you get what is left over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">