• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

death from construction accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joanne jansen

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
My son fell 30 feet to his death. He was not wearing fall protection. I do not know why. Worker's comp paid $6000.00 on the burial and the medical bills. Can we sue the company he worked for. I am his mother.

Z

zappy

My son fell 30 feet to his death. He was not wearing fall protection
=============================

If you can prove his boss or the company forced him to do such a dangerous thing as this, they deserved to be put out of business.

But if your son disregaurded and violated safety rules, then he has to take blame for his own death.

Thats what an complete investigation will determine.

J

joanne jansen

He was 23 years old, no he did not support me, single. I don't know why he didn't have fall protection on, but shouldn't the company see to it that all workers are protected.

Z

zappy

but shouldn't the company see to it that all workers are protected.
============

would have could have should have, Yes they should have.

But did the company do anything wrong here, that is the question.

Did your sons boss say go up there now or youre fired? And your son PROTESTED going there without saftey equipment?.... then you are going to make a lot of money out of this.

Or did your son say "i dont need that damn ugly useless safety equipment" and go up there?

Then Your son could be guilty of his own death.

You might as well get used to this type of questionning, especially if you want money from the company.

P

pbr4242

Have an investigation done and hire an attorney. OSHA regulates safety on the jobsites and mandates safety procedures. Anyone working above 10 feet must be "tyed off" And a safety net must be used for person working above 25 feet when the worker is not protected by a body belt or scaffolding. Contact an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">