• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debris on Roads

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lvwitch

I live in Las Vegas, NV. On my way to work this morning there was a truck in front of me that had a cloud of dust coming off the back. Something (a piece of gravel I think) flew off the back of the truck and hit my windshield. It put a chip in the corner. I got the name off the truck as I went by. I called their office when I got to work. The owner is not being very cooperative about paying for replacement. The truck was not carrying gravel. Just a bunch of equipment. The owner admited that he sometimes carried sand and gravel and that he was driving the truck himself. Shouldn't the companies insurance cover this?

racer72

That is what your comprehensive insurance is for. You would have to prove the company was negligent in letting the rock fall off the truck. And as you stated, the truck was trailing a cloud of dust, the rock could have come from the road too. It would be hard to prove anything if you could not see anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">