• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt collector refuse to send me invoice??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pek

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I have a car accident 4 months ago. At that time I have no insurance (I only have a car for one day and plan to get insurance on next day but well I know that is no excuse) After the accident I received the letter from insurance company(state farm) They tell me to contact them so I did.They said they will send me the bill so I say fine but the bill never reach me. After that 2 months I got contact from debt collect(Cheek&Zeehandler)
They want me to pay for the dammage that I caused .I want to do the right thing since the beginning(pay for the dammage that I caused) so I say okay but could you please send me invoice.The person that I speake with is speake very rough and aggrasive to me even though I try to speake politely to her but she say she will send me bill.After that three days I got the letter with documents but only estimate from repair shop include there are no sign of invoice?? I called them again but they say that is bill but at the back of it ,it is clearly say this is only estimation of the cost. And also what they send me is missing one page (there are 4 pages total for estimation 1,3,4 they missing page number 2) This time I went to my university office and tell people who work there to help me contact this person (debt collector) The person who work in my uni office called them and ask for 1.Actual bill 2. missing page but to my surprise they refuse to send all of that and talking bad to the person that help me talk to them. And also I bring this estimation cost to car repair shop but people who work there say it doesn't make sense and they can't understand the estimation bill. The number isn't add up to what they say.Actually it is way way off. I think there must be something wrong behind this. And also they say I have to send money to them at friday(10 jan 03) or they will sue me. Please help me solve this problem. I wan to know my right and is it wrong I mean the way they did this to me. Thany you very much

ps. I wan to pay but only for what I really should

Pek

stephenk

contact the person at State Farm that first sent you the letter. The adjuster should cooperate and send you the repair bill that was actually paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">