• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deductible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babyblueeyesra

What is the name of your state?CA
Insurance will not cover my boyfriend for his accident because he was working at the time that he got into the accident. I have a couple of questions..
The insurance company paid for the accident and then reversed the payment 5 months after because they learned he was at work, which he had been telling them all along. Is that legal?

Also, they refuse to refund his 1000 dollar deductible he paid even though they are not covering anything. Can they do that? Isn't the deductible the portion he pays so the insurance company will pay the rest? If they don't pay for anything isn't he entitled to be refunded his deductible?

Happy Trails

babyblueeyesra said:
What is the name of your state?CA
Insurance will not cover my boyfriend for his accident because he was working at the time that he got into the accident. I have a couple of questions..
The insurance company paid for the accident and then reversed the payment 5 months after because they learned he was at work, which he had been telling them all along. Is that legal?

Also, they refuse to refund his 1000 dollar deductible he paid even though they are not covering anything. Can they do that? Isn't the deductible the portion he pays so the insurance company will pay the rest? If they don't pay for anything isn't he entitled to be refunded his deductible?
They are refusing to pay back the deductible, because they reversed the claim and are using the $1000 to off-set what they feel he needs to pay back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">