• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation of Character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coachkbd

i am a teacher and basketball coach in the state of vermont. A parent or group of parents of my players has written a letter to my principal, school board, and superintendent of schools. they have also personally spoken out at a school board meeting. they have made several false claims against me. they have written in the letter that i have drank beer with one of my players and her mother at her house, that she is seen driving my car around town by herself even though she is 15 and not eligible for a licence, and that we get dressed up and go out to movies and dinner together. they have also claimed that i show definite favoritsm toward her. i play her excessive minutes during games, and never discipline her when she talks back to me or yells at other players. the letter also states that the entire school community knows that there is a definite relationship going on between us. there is absolutely no truth to any of this. i have a very solid reputation, but this is tarnishing it around the community. i am also afraid that my employers will think less of me because of these false accusations. is this defamation of character, and if so what can i do about it?

Last edited:

H

Hutchinson, Ken

coach, consult an attorney, it should only be aprox. $35 for a half hour consultation. Have the attorney write a letter to these people that are defaming you and threaten a lawsuit if they continue to make false allegations against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">