• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defense for Intentional Accidents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeklenke

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?LA

Living in Louisiana and having to travel quite a bit, I see alot of things on the road. I have not been in any accidents, but have had a number of incidents
where a person has tried to involve me in an accident (preferably it being my fault). The usual things: Light turns green, person begins to move in front of me and then hits the brakes suddenly so that I would rear end them, and the one I like the best is being on the interstate, in the left lane, passing a car that is going 10 mph under the speed limit and then jumping into my lane as I approach.

I think you get the message.

If I was to get into an accident, and I truly believe that I was "set up", what would be my chances if I was alone and there were 3 people in the car swearing that I was in the wrong? What is the first thing or things I should do if something like this happens?

Lynx 36

Quote: "If I was to get into an accident, and I truly believe that I was "set up", what would be my chances if I was alone and there were 3 people in the car swearing that I was in the wrong? What is the first thing or things I should do if something like this happens?'

Call Belize Breeze, as he is the best litigator I know.

Seriously, it's a broad question, and it depends on each situation. One of the first red flags is when everyone jumps out of the car and claims injury right away. If the witnesses are everyone in the other car vs. you then they have no credibility. A witness has to be impartial and not be associated w/ anyone at the accident scene.

Lynx 36

If your worried about it make sure you have 250/500 in coverage, along w/ a million dollar blanket on top of that. That will give you extra protection should something happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">