• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied car insurance b/c of non driver in home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I hope someone can help.My mother is really getting on my last nerve! LOL :eek:

Her car insurance company is telling her she can't be insured b/c of me.I got a DUI a couple years ago, and I gave up drinking AND driving! (I got a restricted license but won't drive) I obtained a "walking" ID issued by the DMV

Problem is the insurance company is telling my mom I have to reinstate my license (pay all the fines off) in order got HER to get insurance for herself! And I don't drive but I live in the same household.My license is revoked or suspended (I believe it's suspended) b/c of unpaid fines.

What to do? I don't have the money for the fines right now.I never experienced this kind of trouble over a driver who lives in the same house! Seems to me this is violation of plain and simple civil rights, so now what?

I simply cannot pay off the fines.I told my mom she shouldn't have mentioned that I live here, and to call another insurance company, and tell them I am not here.For crying out loud,,,,,,I DON'T drive her car, or any car for that matter (SR-22's will kill ya!)

Any sugggestions?My mom is throwing a fit b/c I am telling her to lie, but I don't see the harm since I don't drive, and personally don't feel we should be punished like this because of other people who blunder.

Gee, can't wait till I have to pay insurance for a car when my 13 year old twins start driving! I know one thing....I'll never admit they live in the same household! :eek:

Sheesh!

Sheri in VA

teflon_jones

The insurance company has a right to not insure your mother if they so choose. She needs to go to another insurance company, who may not have the same stipulation for providing her with a policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">