• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denying fault and fraud...Legal Advice Needed!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frank K.

I was at a red light when I was rear ended by another car. The driver admitted his fault (even though his wife was rude and insisted on calling the police) but the driver insisted that I shouldn't call the police and assured me that he would cover the damages. In "good faith" I agreed (also I didn't have my renewed registration card on me, so I didnt want to cause a confusion)because the accident was very minor. We exchanged insurance information. Immediately, I went throught the necessary paperwork and the insurance guy even came out to assess the damage. A week later, I received the estimate (which sounded ok) but was informed that I would not be getting that amount since the other party claimed that I backed into him. This is, of course, completely ridiculous and not true. It boggles my mind that the insurance company would believe him. So they told me that they would only pay half of the amount that was originally estimated. I really hope that the insurance company is not trying to cheat me on this but what the guy did is doing is simply fraud. I would sincerely appreciate any legal advice in my matter. Thank you!

I am an NJ resident and accident happened here as well
[email protected]

Thats why you always call the police and have a police report. If you don't then people wind up changing the story as they did in your case.

Frank K. said:
I was at a red light when I was rear ended by another car. The driver admitted his fault (even though his wife was rude and insisted on calling the police) but the driver insisted that I shouldn't call the police and assured me that he would cover the damages. In "good faith" I agreed (also I didn't have my renewed registration card on me, so I didnt want to cause a confusion)because the accident was very minor. We exchanged insurance information. Immediately, I went throught the necessary paperwork and the insurance guy even came out to assess the damage. A week later, I received the estimate (which sounded ok) but was informed that I would not be getting that amount since the other party claimed that I backed into him. This is, of course, completely ridiculous and not true. It boggles my mind that the insurance company would believe him. So they told me that they would only pay half of the amount that was originally estimated. I really hope that the insurance company is not trying to cheat me on this but what the guy did is doing is simply fraud. I would sincerely appreciate any legal advice in my matter. Thank you!

I am an NJ resident and accident happened here as well
[email protected]
Turn in a claim through your carrier and explain what happened. In the future, ALWAYS get a police report.

stephenk

Unless there is an injury or if a cop happens to be passing by, the odds are that the police will not prepare a report. You can call and wait but there is no obligation for the other party to remain until the police arrive if they have already provided you with their license and insurance information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">