• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate need for help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pinkbubbles

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I live in Washington state. Ok, so last Wednesday night I came home and saw my neighbors. They were telling me about how Tuesday night their car had gotten dented in our parking lot and they know what cars were parked next to them. They also said that blue-green paint had transferred onto their car. After hearing the description of the blue-green vehicle (we don't live in the best part of town, so they say they always look at what cars are parked next to them), I realized it was my boyfriend's car. Thing is my boyfriend's lisence was suspended and he didn't get it back until Wed. afternoon. Until then, I was the only one driving his car. I did not dent their car. There is no doubt in my mind. Plus, Tues. night I came home around 8 p.m. and left again around 11:15 p.m. to pick up my boyfriend from work. When we got home, another car was parked in the spot I was parked in and so we parked on the other side of our complex. Our neighbor says they left for work around 8:30 in the morning Wednesday when they noticed the damage. That means that there is a large chunk of time in which any other blue-green vehicle could have done the damage. Point is, tonight we found out they called their insurance company and now there is a claim against my boyfriend for something he and I didn't do. When I asked our neighbor if they called the claim, they said since they didn't know 100% for sure who did the damage, they told the insurance company and police that it should be filed as a hit-and-run. Thing is, they also showed what cars were parked next to them and are saying the insurance company took it upon themselves to file the claim against my boyfriend. The most frustrating thing about it is that I have looked at their car a few times and I have no clue where the damage is. Their car looks fine. Anyways, I don't really know how to go about fixing this situation because they wrong person is being punished.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">