• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

determining liability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baker10

I am in Ohio. My husband and son were recently in an accident ( over two weeks ago). The other driver was cited and given a ticket for failure to yield. The driver paid her ticket and her insurance company began collecting info from us for our claim. Now she says she is not at fault. This would be impossible based on the situation. The insurance company has the crash report with all statements including the witness who was directly behind my husband. Everyone's statements matched up. Now everything is on hold while the driver's ins. company's investigators determine liability. My husbands work van was totalled and this has basically shut his business down until this is all figured out and we have unhappy customers, and may lose some business if this drags out. Is this a common problem? How should we handle this. We feel like we are being jerked around because this should have been a cut and dry situation as far as the liability. Our claim isn't that big, but we need to settle and get on with our lives.
The longer this goes, the more damaging to our business. We were just getting back on our feet after a rough year and setting up lots of jobs. We did not have collision so we can't claim it on our policy and have our compmay handle it either. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">