• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did I hurt my settlement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paj

What is the name of your state? IL

Going eastbond when a car pull out of a dunkin dountus to go westbound. Other driver ticketed for failure to yield.

I was treated at ER, X-rays showed no damage and was givin pain/muscle spam pills. My left shoulder, lower back and knee were sore. Rested for 3 days duing new year holiday. Felt ok to go to work on Mon, while there I advised boss if I didn't feel well I would go home. Worked for 6 hours when my right sided started to feel really bad - shooting pain in neck, back shoulder, arm with fingers getting tingly. Set appt for Tues with DR, worked 5 hours that day. Dr adv will have to suffer through pain as could have whiplash - only treatment is pain/muscle pills. Adv could have a pinch nerve , given RX for CT on Wednesday worked 6 hours that day. On thursday only worked 4 hours and took 1/2 sick day with Friday. CT on friday and waiting for result. I worked during this period as my vacation/sick time is mixed together. Also some days I didn't really have pain adn some days I only worked 4 hours. This is a slow time for my work so my boss was willing to work with me. Question:

Did I hurt my case by working? The pain was intermittent sometiems constant sometimes nothing. On Friday even with no work the pain would grow as the day progessed. Can they deny my medical since I was still working? did this hurt any settlement chances?

I feel like my DR is doing nothing much, should I go to a chiro?

During settlment talkes I am only going to ask for the Thursday and Firday I took off? Isn't that fair? Can I ask for the other times I had to take off?

Thanks for taking to time to read this long post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">