• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dilema in Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

teris2000

My vehicle was involved in an accident while being driven by a friend. The other driver ran a red light and hit my vehicle. After spinning out of control my vehicle (98 Expediton)crashed through (literally) a brick building. The other drivers insurance carrier admits liability, but the insured does not have enough coverage for the damages (approx $10K to my vehicle and approx $40K to the bldg). The adjust said that the claim was being "diaried for 30 days" until they could get hard estimates on the bldg. I have filed a claim with my insurance company (I carry UM/UIM)who is taking care of the vehicle. I have to pay my $500 deductible until it can be reimbursed by the other insurance company. Is there any type of time limitations on when they settle my part of the claim? Is it necessary for me to wait for the bldg insurance company to come to some kind on settlement?

[Edited by teris2000 on 12-14-2000 at 03:25 PM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You need to check with the Indiana Insurance Commissioner/Commission on this matter. Sometimes, if the case can be separated out, they may issue checks to one party to expedite that portion quicker!

http://www.state.in.us/idoi/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">