• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Diminishment in Value and 17c

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bca

What is the name of your state? - Claims Nationwide (based in FL)

Does anyone have any insight on the calculation referred to as "17C" regarding diminished value claims? I have recently come across this calculation and it was described to me as being "the only" recoginized formula in the insurance industry for determining diminished value claims. Is this true?

thank you in advance.

mark1210

I don't think I believe that 17c stuff, all I can speak from is personal experience relating to a diminished value claim. It is real, it is legal, and assuming the accident wasn't your fault you are probably entitled to it, at least in Texas. In my personal experience I sought out 3 offers from various dealerships without mentioning it was in an accident and required 4800.00 to fix. I then get a written offer, and then mention it was in a wreck and get another written offer. These offers are useful in showing the pre-loss and post-loss value of the car. Remember, the purpose of insurance is to get you back to a preloss condition which means same condition and same value for your property.

Additionally, I hired an independant appriaser to appraise my vehicle after the wreck. There was a site..www.directappraisal.com if I remember correctly that works for this. It was an uphill battle that's for sure. Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">