• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dirt bike accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hunt55134

What is the name of your state? ohio
I have bought a dirt bike for my boyfriend's son. He was riding with friends. The friends (3 on one Honda xr100) were pushing another kid in a go cart ...pushing go cart with the bike. They feel over and my boyfriend's son ran over them. What could happen...can i be sued :confused: One of the kids on the xr100 rec'd a hairline fracture of the arm ..not sure if from the fall or other. This happened on the street.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hunt55134 said:
What is the name of your state? ohio
I have bought a dirt bike for my boyfriend's son. He was riding with friends. The friends (3 on one Honda xr100) were pushing another kid in a go cart ...pushing go cart with the bike. They feel over and my boyfriend's son ran over them. What could happen...can i be sued :confused: One of the kids on the xr100 rec'd a hairline fracture of the arm ..not sure if from the fall or other. This happened on the street.

My response:

Was the bike in your name?

Of course, there was liability insurance on the bike, correct?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hunt55134 said:
yes bike is in my name and yes i have liability ins

==============================

My response:

Okay, then as long as your boyfriend's son was a permitted user under the bike's policy of insurance, then you should be alright. The injured boy will merely make a claim under that insurance policy.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">