• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability Payments on vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fern51

What is the name of your state?KY
My husband had disability insurance on his truck that expired 8-4-04. In filing for claims to cover his payments, all the months prior to 8-4 were paid starting in 3-04 thru 8-04. However, his disability is still in effect. He had forgotten about taking out the policy until the last few months, and only filed for the first time in March. Shouldn't the last payment have been a payoff on the vehicle since he is still unable to work and each claim we filed was clear that he would not be able to return to work any time in the near future. Also, in speaking with the insurance company they informed me that they would pay any past payments before the March date if we had proof of his disability, which I had his doctor fill out the claim forms they sent with the appropriate dates, yet they will not pay any more payments.He has been treated for the same illness since 2001, yet we only requested payment through the months of Sept. 03 to March 04, which would make the payoff. Do I have any options, and should the insurance company pay the remainder of the debt since his disability still exists?

JETX

fern51 said:
Shouldn't the last payment have been a payoff on the vehicle since he is still unable to work and each claim we filed was clear that he would not be able to return to work any time in the near future.
Most disabilty policy's do NOT provide payoffs if they extend beyond the coverage. Read the policy and see what, if anything, it says about payoff and coverage periods.

Do I have any options, and should the insurance company pay the remainder of the debt since his disability still exists?
See above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">