• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disabled and out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neal777

What is the name of your state? texas...I was involved in an automobile accident Dec. 2004. A 17 year old neglected to stop at a stop sign and hit my car which forced me to hit a tree. The boy's fathers insurance paid for my car in quick fashion. Unfortunetly I shattered my ankle and broke bones in my right leg. I have seen three different doctors that told my there is to much damage to my ankle that the only thing that will help will be to fuse my heal, ankle and leg together which will allow to walk with a cane and limp until I cannot, then either do other surgery or end up in a wheelchair. I was 41 and in excellent shape. I ran 6 days a week, played soccer, basketball, tennis, am an expert skier. My life was all about being active.I am a real estate agent , which involves lots of driving and searching dozens of properties a week. I had a large house with pool and spa and lush landscapes that required a lot of work. I had to give all of this up, and now live with my brother until I figure out what to do next. My attorney tried to work with the insurance company for a quick conclusion to this tragedy but for months they would not reveal the policy limits and offered only $48k. After another several months they finally told us the policy limit was $300k but would only offer $125k. I am about to go to a mediation in 2 weeks and do not know what expect..Please give me some idea on what to do ...Thank You....N

Neal777

What is the name of your state? texas...I was involved in an automobile accident Dec. 2004. A 17 year old neglected to stop at a stop sign and hit my car which forced me to hit a tree. The boy's fathers insurance paid for my car in quick fashion. Unfortunetly I shattered my ankle and broke bones in my right leg. I have seen three different doctors that told my there is to much damage to my ankle that the only thing that will help will be to fuse my heal, ankle and leg together which will allow to walk with a cane and limp until I cannot, then either do other surgery or end up in a wheelchair. I was 41 and in excellent shape. I ran 6 days a week, played soccer, basketball, tennis, am an expert skier. My life was all about being active.I am a real estate agent , which involves lots of driving and searching dozens of properties a week. I had a large house with pool and spa and lush landscapes that required a lot of work. I had to give all of this up, and now live with my brother until I figure out what to do next. My attorney tried to work with the insurance company for a quick conclusion to this tragedy but for months they would not reveal the policy limits and offered only $48k. After another several months they finally told us the policy limit was $300k but would only offer $125k. I am about to go to a mediation in 2 weeks and do not know what expect..Please give me some idea on what to do ...Thank You....N

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">