• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dispute of fault determination of accident in parking lot accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RhondaM

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was involved in an auto accident where the other party backed into my car. I was turning right, into a parking lot, out of the lane of traffic, and she was backing out of her parking space, hit me with her right rear bumper, on the right rear quarterpanel of my car. I was nearly past her before she hit me, and I'm pretty sure she was not in motion when I entered the lot. She is claiming that the diagram I provided to the adjusters is not how it happened, and assigns fault to me. So now I have to pay a $500 deductible to repair the $1300 damage she did. Her damage is $500, and she does not have collision insurance. Since we both claim no fault, what happens next? My adjuster told me that the case would go to arbitration and they would try to recover my repair expenses. Is it possible that they will find in the other party's favor, even though the physical damage reveals that she backed into me? How could I be to blame for hitting someone with the rear side of my car?

ecmst12

It's not likely that they will find you at fault, especially if she admits that she was backing up at the time of the accident. Even if she doesn't, it sounds like the physical evidence is in your favor. People lie about accidents all the time, in this case it sounds like you have a decent chance of proving it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">