• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distraught and Anxcious

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sybervirgin

What is the name of your state?Connecticut
I have a really horrible story. my husband and I were driving down a very dark desolate road this Sat. evening looking to use a bathroom on a road in the middle of nowhere It was past dusk but not completely dark but visability was less than zero there were trees and woods and very much to our surprise private secluded homes there was a dark almost black stone wall all along this road to seclude the fact of expensive homes set way in to the woods by a lake. When all of a sudden out of nowhere came a woman dressed all in black darting into the road trying to croos the street she never stopped and tried to beat our car by the time we saw her she was on our windshield and in the street. We stopped immediately and called 911. Unfortunatly she was dead immediately. We were traveling the speed limit if not b4elow about 30-35 miles an hour I know this because I looked right at the speedometor becaus I needed to use a ladies room and my husband and I had no Idea where we were so we were looking for a side road or some type of life that would let us know where we were going. This lady was 81 years old had on black clothes black shoes on a dark stree with no lighting nor were there any indications that there was property anywhere . She attempted to beat our car but unfortunatly her judgement was off My husband never saw her he was driving and she came frome his blindspot on the left of our car unfortunately I saw the whole incident unfold so fast I couldnt get the scream out fast enough she was all ready on our hood when my husband stopped and swerved to avoid her she was on my side of the hood and her head and face hit the center of our windshield. I was informed that on Sunday this happened on saterday night her family had already called my insurance co. Now I definatly realise that a life was lost and this was tragic. But not at all do I feel that we were responsible for her death She was negligent not us she came from nowhere in the dark in dark clothing in clog shoes and tried at 81 years old to outrun a car going 34 miles an hour that never saw her until it was too late. I know her family is angry and I can gaurrentee they are going to sue. What laws are there that protect me I feel that I am a victim even though she lost her life she made that decision to take a risk to try and outrun our car.

Last edited:

S

shell007

WOW!!!! I have no legal advice on this one, but I feel sooooo sorry for you people and just felt the need to say that. I hope you can get some sleep and well needed rest. Good luck with everything. I really feel for you!

There are many knowledgable people on this site that will probably give you some great advice so keep checking back!

BelizeBreeze

sybervirgin said:
Thank you I need to relax Ireally though If I just try to act normal and go through daily stuff I will eve4ntually be calmer but I cant even sit in my own skin thanks for replying though DH.
Have you filed a claim with your auto insurance?

S

shell007

You wrote:

Thank you I really need to relax but my our lives will never be the same. EVER
I'm sure.

Our grandmother was hit by a vehicle years ago. Fortunate for us she survived, but it was very traumatic for us, can't even imagine what the driver was going through. Our grandmother was clearly at fault. She was crossing and was not in the "cross-walk".

I'm sure to get blasted for having a personal opinion on this site, but again....I just had to say something to you.

Good luck and continue watching for some great legal advice! :)

BelizeBreeze

sybervirgin said:
I notified them of what happened and they too keep talking about what i have for coverage etc..... This is a tragic accident that has altered lives forever and everybody is already talking money. Im getting annoyed now because I need to recover first then we can start pointing fingers.
and what exactly did your insurance company tell you. What, if anything, does the police report state?

BelizeBreeze

sybervirgin said:
I still havn't seen the police report I was the only witness there was only me her and my husband on the road at the time it is still being investigated by the state police but there are no charges and noone got a ticket so I really dont know where we are legally but I think with a fatality they would have given him a ticket right then and there if they thought he were at any fault at all plus her wake and funeral were today and tomorrow so I really believe they are done investigating by now plus if they thought we were at fault someone would have said something by now no? Thasts why Im here I dont know where we stand right now
Not necessarily. The police will take time to process the scene. And your insurance will wait for the police report.

When you have these two items and have spoken with the insurance company, then post back.

PARADISE: write to mary and she will forward it. I'm on the boat so don't know if I'll have internet tomorrow.

Shay-Pari'e

BelizeBreeze said:
Not necessarily. The police will take time to process the scene. And your insurance will wait for the police report.

When you have these two items and have spoken with the insurance company, then post back.

PARADISE: write to mary and she will forward it. I'm on the boat so don't know if I'll have internet tomorrow.
No problem, just wondering if you were aware of our latest trolls?

BelizeBreeze

sybervirgin said:
And thats another thing they still have my car how long will they keep it do you think I have a rental now but thats only for 30 days This is all new to me I figure no news is good news or should I be worried I reallly dont feel worried I know what happened every single detail and we did absolutely nothing wrong nothing but I need to know a little about how the procedures work Im sure they have to be by the book as not to allow any mistakes but what are those proceedures I dont want to haunt them and be pesty but What the hell is taking so long there is nothing to investigate its pretty clear
I'm not going to guess at what is happening because I am not there.

Suffice it to say that a person is dead and the police are processing the scene and the evidence. This may take a few days to a few weeks.

So, there is nothing I or anyone else can tell you except to keep in contact with your insurance company and relax.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">