• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tslocie

Do I have a case? My son was injured when his coach decided he did not tuck in his shirt good enough and proceeded to
tuck in his shirt for him,pull up his pants, and tighten his
belt so tight that his side started hurting and he blacked
out. Prior to this, he was injured on school property that
involved the coaching staff wanting the 8th grade team to
practice with the 9th grade team. The result, my son was hit
by one of the 9th graders and flown to a hospital in another town with a ripped kidney later on that night. He was in the hospital for a week. At the time of the impact, the coaches told him he just had the wind knocked out of him and to get back out there. He layed on the sidelines for 30 minutes. They sent him home with an icepack wrapped around his waist and told him he would feel like a new man tommorow. The incident with this coach was, he said he was enforcing the school dress code but does the school dress code say he can put his hands on my son,NO. To make a long story short, after a discussion between him and the vice-principal, he admits that he made a MISTAKE, I apologize, I should have never done it. The vice-principal says LET'S WRAP THIS UP,
HE ADMITS HE MADE A MISTAKE, HE APOLOGIZED, THERE IS NOTHING
ELSE THAT CAN BE DONE. That's the story, do I have a case?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Your son has a case. Before I begin there, you shouldn't have let your son stay involved in this thing after the first incident. That was the time to start proceedings.

As to your son: he has both an assault and battery charge he can implement against this coach. This is in civil court and he can collect.

May I also suggest he file a police report and have the police charge this man criminally.

Get a personal injury attorney ASAP and don't let this happen to your son again. Keep all records you have of both incidents and make sure the school board finds out AFTER you hire a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">