• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raiyab

On Dec 8 someone hit my car-he admittd to fault. I contacted his insurance company and filed a claim. The insurance company provided an auto body shop which attempted to fix the car. It took the auto body shop one month to return the car- when I got the car back my car didnt start, the alarm didnt work, and none of my sensors worked and they didnt align the wheels. I called the Insurance Company right away and they advised me to return the car to the shop. It has been 3 weeks since and I was told it was being fixed at a BMW dealership; I found out recently that it was an "Authorized" dealer that sells BMW's. The insurance company advised that the list I provided of everything that is not working will not be covered. I have explained to the Insurance Rep that prior to the accident there was nothing wrong with the car. I have another estimate from my BMW dealer that states the instruments do not work due to the accident. I still dont have my car and the "loaner" car that was provided by the autobody shop (not the insurance company) is not safe to drive- and the Insurance company rep and the autobody shop is aware that the car provided is about to break down and the registration is expired. Not once has the Insurance rep contacted me to follow up. It has been an ongoing struggle to communicate with his Insurance rep and I am always receiving the run around about when I can actually pick up my car; the authorized dealer wont release my car until the Insurance company pays the bill. This has been a 2 month nightmare for something that was listed as a "Minor Fender-bender." Do I have a case worth pursuing?

raiyab

thanks...a case worth pursuing?

Thank you very much for responding to my questions.This is the first time anything like this has happened to me and I feel like I am getting the run around from everyone. Since I am very ignorant in regards to this whole mess, is this case worth pursuing hiring a lawyer? The total for the work the insurance company wont cover is less than $10,000. I am not sure the costs of lawyer fees compared to the cost of fixing the car. My whole objection other than them creating more problems to the car is that they are forcing me to commute in a vehicle that is not safe to operate. I attempted to ask for a rental, but I was either told that I was getting my car back or that it wont be covered. What should be my next steps and what kind of lawyer am I looking for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">