• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Keena

What is the name of your state? Florida

This is not the first time Ive posted, but I need more advice. My car was involved in an accident and it was not insured. I was not the driver. The person driving my car was initially found at fault and charged with careless driving. The carless driving ticket was contested and the charge dismissed. My car was totaled. My question is, can I file a claim through the other person's insurance to get my car repaired or replaced?

Thanks

racer72

Do you have proof the other car owner was at fault? If you don't, you have no claim. The dismissal of the citation does not automatically transfer blame for the accident.

racer72

File a claim with the insurance company then. Keep your proof, you may need it if you are forced to sue.

A

ampex

You would sue the person driving the car, since they were the one involved in the accident, AND they were found at fault......

YES just because the ticket was dismissed, that DOES NOT mean they didnt cause the accident!

This is 2 seperate things.......

Unless the police report does not blame your friend then the insurance company will deny the claim and you will have to sue the driver of your car for the $$$$$.

See Keena what fun it is not to drive with insurnce....yup its called livin' on the edge...real cool

tammy8

I am confused. Who are you wanting to sue---the person DRIVING your car or the other vehicle involved in the accident?

K

Keena

Tammy,
Since the charge was dismissed I wasnt sure if I could go through the other parties insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">