• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have an option to file a civil suit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mallen24

I am in Texas. Four days ago I was rear ended at a yield sign. Ok, to most people this would be an easy fix. Pull over and call the cops, right? I know this now. Well, the other driver and I pulled over check out each other's cars. I was kind of frozen on what I should do. So I just started off by asking what his name was. Then he started in on the car was his sisters, he's not insured to be driving and didn't want to involve the insurance company. He said he was borrowing it to go to work while he was having work done on his. So me being the naive one said ok, well what's your phone number, DL, address, etc. He said I'll pay you for this. He seemed sincere. We left the scene and my senses started coming to me. I called the police department and there was a form to complete, but damages must be over 1000. and it would only involve my insurance. I was pretty much told I just have to hope he sticks to his word on paying now that it's over and done with. We have communicated over the past few days. I've gotten a final estimate on damages and given him this info. Do I have a leg to stand on in filing a civil suit if he decides to not pay? I've got he employer name and number, DL number, license plate, phone and address. Will this info help me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">