• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need an attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

romie1010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I was rear ended 1 week ago mostly bumper damage very little paint work needed
I was told the repairs would be 4 days
Then it changed to 18 days
Was given a rental not anything comparable to my own vehicle was told by geico they only had to provide a car similar in seating
We are not happy with the misinformation and lack of understanding thus far.
The insurance adjuster doesn't seem to know what is going on the body shop tells us differently.
What legal remedy if any do we have at this point? They have only had the cAR 4 1\2 business days.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Was given a rental not anything comparable to my own vehicle was told by geico they only had to provide a car similar in seating
The insurance adjuster doesn't seem to know what is going on the body shop tells us differently.
What legal remedy if any do we have at this point? They have only had the cAR 4 1\2 business days.
Legal remedy for what? They are providing a rental and your car is being prepared. What are you looking for?

romie1010

We want it made right. I had only had my car for 3 weeks and the at fault driver was not paying attention and hit me while I was at a red light. This is my first accident and maybe I am not familiar with the process but someone needs to be held responsible for the drivers negligence. So to sue for damages and negligence would that be her insurance or the driver?

Zigner

We want it made right. I had only had my car for 3 weeks and the at fault driver was not paying attention and hit me while I was at a red light. This is my first accident and maybe I am not familiar with the process but someone needs to be held responsible for the drivers negligence. So to sue for damages and negligence would that be her insurance or the driver?
You would sue the driver if you wanted to sue...

But why sue? Insurance is already covering your damages. You aren't going to recover anything more than that. If you are using your insurance company for the repairs, then they will go after the other driver for reimbursement, including your deductible.

romie1010

This is mostly my husband. The situation sucks and is frustrating. He wants someone else to suffer as we have and that means hitting them in the pockets.

Zigner

This is mostly my husband. The situation sucks and is frustrating. He wants someone else to suffer as we have and that means hitting them in the pockets.
That doesn't make sense. You are entitled to be compensated for your damages. You are being compensated for your damages. The other driver IS being responsible by carrying insurance that pays for your damages.

Calm down. Breathe. This sort of thing happens thousands of times across the country every day. It was an accident. Move on.

FlyingRon

You can't get damages for being frustrated or to somehow punish the other driver for being negligent. All you are entitled to is to have your car fixed and they are being more than gracious by providing a rental.

latigo

You can't get damages for being frustrated or to somehow punish the other driver for being negligent. All you are entitled to is to have your car fixed and they are being more than gracious by providing a rental.
What's the adage?

OP would complain if he was hanged by a new rope?

latigo

You can't sue "geico"! Period!

And as far as someone being responsible for a "lender" (if at all) it would only be for the period of time reasonably required to complete needed repairs. Which the shop told you was four days! Geez what a whiner.

What the site needs is a no sniveling sign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">