• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Need a Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crabby30

Colorado
I work for Wal-Mart
I was off the clock when I stepped on a rock that had fallen out of the planter. I twisted my ankle and fell on my face, it didn't knock me out but I was very disoriented and bleeding and couldn't get up and a car pulled into the parking lot and nearly ran over my head.
My glasses were broken the employees called my husban and before he could arrive called an abulance and they took me to the hospital.
I went to work the next day with stitches in my head a huge black eye, and a brace on my ankle
All I ask them was to pay for my broken glasses. which they did and the emergency room and the ambulance, my insurance didn't cover only 300.00 of it and wouldn't pay for the ambulance and Wal-Mart workers comp says they won't either.
Do I have any recourse?

TCB4U2B2B

Clarification Requested

Hello ssb

Not sure I fully understand nor may any attorney the wording in that last paragraph. Please clarify the wording. The sentences are too convoluted because I sense you hurried during the writing.

The preceding paragraphs are fine, no need to elaborate on those.

For the time being, until you clarify the last paragraph and are otherwise told differently by legal counsel, consider yourself as a customer who fell. Demand to be fully compensated.

Seek the help and advice, on how to proceed, from your personal doctor, directly from the workers comp state office and do seek professional legal advice from an attorney.

Regards and Get Well
TCB4U2B2B

C

crabby30

Do I Need A Lawyer

Thanks so much for your response.
Sorry it took me so long to reply.
To clear up the last paragraph, I guess what I was trying to say was: They insurance company for Wal-Mart told me that they investigated and found Wal-Mart not to be liable for the rocks that are strewn all over and that they would not pay me a settlement to cover the medical expenses.
But my store manager paid for the repair of my glasses. Does this not constitute liability?
Thanks
Crabby 30

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">