• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need a new attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davensl

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Could someone please tell me if I should get a new attorney?My case is a slip and fall;I slipped on some banana which broke my hip and required surgery.A lady and her daughter saw this happen and gave my daughter their phone number.I told my attorney about the witness and he has never shown any interest in getting their number from me.Everytime I call to see if he can tell me anything about my case,he always say's he can't tell me anything yet,that he is still trying to get all of my medical records.The date of my accident was 8-07-01 and I still have no information about my case.Is it normal for an attorney not to talk to a witness,and how long should it take to get basic information about your case?Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
davensl

davensl

How to get a new attorney

Could you please tell me how I should go about terminating this attorney?He took the case on a contingency basis so will he charge me?

Thanks,
davensl

stephenk

if you get a new attorney, your present attorney will notify the other side, their insurance company and your new attorney that he will be asserting a lien for payment toward the amount of time he has spent on the case along with his out of pocket costs toward the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">