• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I sue the hospital

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jac0614

What is the name of your state? PA

my son was born in GA last june. He was a 28-week preemie. Of course he had respiratory problems due to that. He was ventilated from brith to about 6 weeks old. Then he was ventilated after an hernia repair. Now two weeks after the hernia repair my son had an emergency trachoestomy due to subglottic stenosis. The hospital told me that they believe that the tubing from the vent. may have scratched his throat and caused severe swelling. But it could also be from when he was ventilated the first time I don't know. is this the hospital's fault? should i sue the hospital? how do i go about getting a civil family that works on contigency?

racer72

I don't see where you have a claim at all. Swelling of the throat is common when ventilators are used. You should speak to a local attorney but I don't think it will do any good.

J

jac0614

should I sue

okay i'll do that, just to see what one will say. Thanks

X

xavierdoom

jac

Why is it you are so willing to sue and drive up everyones insurance rates?

You had a preemie, there are inherent risks in that alone, and sometimes its just the risk you take if you want a family.

Sometmes babies dont come out perfect, and its really god's fault not the hospital's not the doctor's, and not your's either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">