• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do nice guys finish last?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D.B. Calif

What is the name of your state?Ca., got rear ended sep28, in my 1997 vwjetta, 1 passenger with me, the girl who hit me was alone, she took full respon.. and has Liberty Mutual ins., I was taking my friend to my work in Tracy Ca. to deliver appli..I live in Modesto, acci.. happened at 10am, i had to work that evening 12 hr shifts from 6p to 6a. I planned on being back home by 11a to rest up and what not. O.K. My friend and i was waiting to turn into parking lot, left blinker on, then BAM!! Shook us up to say the least but managed to get out of the car. We probably looked like a couple of drunks the way we stumbled out. We didnt report any bodily injuries and she had mild front end damage. Appraiser declared my car a total loss, 8000.00 to repair, so, the rundown, READY??, settled with car value but wasnt happy $3.400.00 i still owed the bank 3.900.00 so i owe them 500.00 with nothing to drive. Rented car with Enterprise til Oct19, which they paid, towing was reimbursed to me 210.00 Vehicle licensefee 82.00. Heres the problem, i had a very nice stereo in my car and wasnt about to leave it. Appr.. 1.400.00, woolfers in trunk that couldnt be pryed open, which took a long time to remove through the back seat as well as all the other components in the car. I missed work that evening due to all that had happened. It takes an hour to get to work. I asked to be paid for 1 days wage and went back to work the night after. Im an operator in a box plant and make 20.50 hourly, 240.00 per day roughly .There not gonna pay me. What should i do?? take the girl who hit me to small claims?. After Liberty reviewed my case, they couldnt see why (if not injured) plus having the rental car by 1:00pm that i couldnt have made it to work. I was very upset with them on the phone due to the lack of understanding on there part. You would think that no sleep prior to a 12hrshift on the day my car, which ran great, was totalled out, leaving me emotionally and physically unable to perform my job in a safe manner would be a good enough reason why they should pay .Thanks. I would really appreciate a professional and honest response.Take Care, Darren

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">