• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do they need permission?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amikate78

in november of 1999, i was in an accident with a bus. the local newspaper took pictures of the scene. without any consent on my part whatsoever, the next day there was a huge picture of me on the front page of the paper, the picture did not include any part of the accident, only me sitting there on the curb. i feel that this represented nothing to do with the accident, except to make a fool out of me. can they post my picture like this, without my consent? this happened in illinois

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

amikate78 said:
in november of 1999, i was in an accident with a bus. the local newspaper took pictures of the scene. without any consent on my part whatsoever, the next day there was a huge picture of me on the front page of the paper, the picture did not include any part of the accident, only me sitting there on the curb. i feel that this represented nothing to do with the accident, except to make a fool out of me. can they post my picture like this, without my consent? this happened in illinois
My response:

Yes, you were a part of a news story. And, but for the accident, you wouldn't have been sitting there. Therefore, your picture was news, perhaps demonstrating the anguish of the moment, but news nonetheless.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">