• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doctor mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Isabelle

I was scheduled to have out-patient surgery to remove a cyst on my ovary. I knew that there may be a chance they would be removed.
During surgery that was to be only 30 minutes lasted 7 hours because my Doctor accidently cut my ureter. She had to have another doctor called in to do the repairs and that made me have to stay in the hospital 6 days. She did say to my husband and myself that she was sorry but, I'm now getting big bills. That was 7 weeks ago and I still have a tube inside me that will be removed soon (stent). I also had to return to the hospital for 2 days due to infection caused by the "mistake". All in all... my ovaries were removed and I'm wondering do I have a case? I would just be happy not to have to pay the bills that my insurance doesn't cover. I'm not sure what to do and where to go. Who should be respondsible for the Doctor called in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">