• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does my liability policy only cover the "other guy" or me also?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billsanders

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I recently lost my son in an auto accident. It appears, by the investigation, to have been his fault. The other vehicles driver was also a fatality.

My son was on my wife and my insurance. My son was 20 years old (adult).

I know that my insurance will pay the other mans relatives for their loss. Do they pay us too?

Obviously, all the money in the world won't help with our grief and loss, but the money would help pay for funeral expenses for my son.

Thank you for your help

Bill

Check your policy's dec pages to see what First Party Benefits you have. If you need help understanding your coverage, contact your agent. No one here knows what your coverages are.

I'm sorry for your loss.

S

shell007

It's probably safe to assume this, but was your son driving a vehicle that was owned (titled) by you or our wife?

My condolences to you and your family?

Sorry for your loss. Wow, what a tough time of year for this to happen to both your family and the family of the other driver.

I'd like to ask, in addition to the other posters who replied about the vehicle insurance, is if you had life insurance? Funeral expenses, from what I've heard, can be paid for out of an applicable life insurance policy. I know your son was 20 but if he was still on your life policy as a rider, until he turned 21 or was out of school, that may help with the expenses. You'll need to ask your carrier.

Again, sorry for your loss.

K

aking098

Bill,I am sorry for your loss.My heart goes out to your Family.
Some Liability policies have a clause in them for funeral expenses.
My Family went through a childs death a few years ago.My Liability policy
had a clause in it for funeral expenses.If you read your insurance policy it should have it pretty well explained if burial expenses are covered.
I have you and your family in my prayers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">