• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog Bite :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fordaisy

What is the name of your state? CA
I was attacked & bitten by a dog in this person's home. I had to go to the hospital with 9 stiches. I have no health insurnce & the people said they'd pay for the bill but as yet haven't done it ( that was 4 months ago):mad:
I have no money to pay for it plus I have a big scar on my leg now. Do I have a case & can a lawyer work for the money that I win, as I cannot afford to pay attorney fees. I'm very angry about this, as these people are homeowners and I don't see why their insurance can't pay for it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fordaisy said:
What is the name of your state? CA
I was attacked & bitten by a dog in this person's home. I had to go to the hospital with 9 stiches. I have no health insurnce & the people said they'd pay for the bill but as yet haven't done it ( that was 4 months ago):mad:
I have no money to pay for it plus I have a big scar on my leg now. Do I have a case & can a lawyer work for the money that I win, as I cannot afford to pay attorney fees. I'm very angry about this, as these people are homeowners and I don't see why their insurance can't pay for it.

My response:

See a Personal Injury attorney on Monday. An attorney, if your case is viable and accepted, will take your case on a "Contingency" basis; in other words, no money out of your pocket and the attorney gets paid out of your settlement or judgment.

IAAL

F

fordaisy

Thanks for the advice. I did just what you said and a lawyer did take it on contingency. Their suing for hospital, court & legal costs, pain & suffering, plus extra to fix my scar. It would have been cheaper for them to just pay the $1200 hospital bill, now they have to pay for all this other stuff. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">